Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What’s this? A Wednesday post?


And what happened to the colonoscopy how-to?

Don’t worry – that will resume on Friday.  This post is so I can participate in “What’s for lunch Wednesday”, a feature on one of the blogs I follow.
I’ll write a future post about how I got into the bento style stuff.

Pumpkin and Peanut had matching lunches Tuesday. 


 Peanut has chicken adobo in a yellow silicone cup (shaped like a cracked egg), with blueberries, a rice ball (made with brown rice), broccoli, carrot strips and a flower.  Also tucked in are Cherry Tomatoes.  Pumpkin has star shaped rice, and her chicken is in a blue silicone cup, with chickens on it. 

I am pleased to report that the lunches came back almost totally gone.  Peanut and Pumpkin are missing several teeth, which can make chewing difficult.

I used the  Chicken Adobo recipe from Happy Little Bento, but modified it a little for slow-cooker preparation.

Want to see more?  
Check out What's for lunch Wednesday!




10 comments: