Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Towel Day 2011


Today, (May 25), is Towel Day!

I’m a Douglas Adams fan.  I watched the Hitch Hiker’s Guide To The Galaxy TV series when I was little (check it out on NetFlix!), and have read the books of the trilogy in four parts (plus a bit) many times.  No, I haven’t heard the original-broadcast-radio series.

The girls have seen the Hitch Hiker’s Guide TV series, and the 2005 film.  While they really liked both, there are parts of the HHGTTG movie they like more.  Specifically the yarn bits and the voice of Marvin.

To celebrate Towel Day, I wanted to do something to let the girls know they are pretty hoopy froods. 

So, here we have:


So Long And Thanks For All the Fish Tuna Pasta Salad, topped with the answer to life, the universe and everything.  Yes it’s purple cabbage.  It’s fine.  It’s mostly harmless.  Purple is not mauve, and all the really dangerous things are mauve, right?

They also have a single strawberry, some yellow pepper slices, and some blueberries.

And what would towel day be without towels?  Here used as napkins, with a very important motto.

4 comments:

  1. I've seen Hitch Hiker’s Guide To The Galaxy MOVIE but I can't remember hearing about Towel Day??? Looking fun though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant!!! I am so sad that I missed packing a lunch today, we are huge Hitchhiker's fans :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hereby pledge eternal internets love to you for this magical lunch! I hope you included a beverage that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Gnoe - Thanks! towelday.org has lists of activities and events in several countries.

    @Jenn - Thanks! There's still time to do something, perhaps for dinner? Just no green salads. ;-)

    @Cinnamon - Aww, thanks! I packed a thermos of cold water. Their classrooms provide milk.

    ReplyDelete