Monday, June 13, 2011

Garden Week 5

The peas have definitley found the lattice-web-thing, and are actively growing up it now.  We have harvested lettuce from the planters daily.  Happy Dance!
Look!  It's a photo taken with my camera!  I finally replaced the batteries!

The beans in the window box are doing remarkably better than the beans in the raised bed.  Only one of the basil plants is happy, and I've killed another lavender.  That makes me [checking notes] three for three on that one, almost tying with the poinsettia for most frequently killed plant. 

But the thistles are thriving!  They are in every bed, growing quickly and better than anything purposefully planted.  I think the finches are helping with the seed distribution.

I wonder if they could help with lavender...

No comments:

Post a Comment