Monday, June 27, 2011

Garden Week 7

Look!  We have PEAS!

Not very many, and maybe not quite ready to eat yet, but they are there!

Also?  The beans in the window box are starting to produce buds! Which is really surprising for me, considering how yellow the plants are, and how many leaves seem to have come off them.  But still!

The climbing peas continue to stretch toward the handrail on the deck.  They are about 60 cm (2 ft.) tall now, and some are starting to flower.
We are still harvesting lettuce and basil from the containers.  Another handful or so of lettuce seeds have been planted, in hopes of a summer full of salads.  The oregano in the garden is still thriving.  It must really love abuse.  We keep hacking at it, and it just comes back for more. 

I wonder if the girls' teachers would like some as end-of-year gifts. 

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous... I managed to kill off most of my pea plants last week, between the bugs and the stuff I put on to try to kill the bugs... I replanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that Silverwing. I hope you have better luck with the next crop!

    ReplyDelete