Monday, June 20, 2011

Garden Week 6

Look!  Flowers!

Well, the beginning of flowers.  The prospect of flowers.

These beautiful buds are on the dwarf variety of peas (Pea Knights) planted in the front row of the window box.  The taller variety is in the back, and growing quite well.  Mostly up.  One of the bean plants is also in the picture.  If you look closely, you can see buds on it, too.

You don't have to look very closely at all to see the bean plant is a yellowish colour.  My first thought was too much water, but that can't be it.  Unless it's a delayed reaction kind of thing.  The box was quite soggy when we were getting lots of rain.  It has since dried out considerably.  The beans in the raised bed are catching up to the box planted ones.  Their leaves are a much deeper green, too.

2 comments:

  1. I love your garden posts. My garden is just a bunch of tubs outside my front door. My landlord thinks I'm crazy, but one can't argue with the flavor of the fresh strawberries right off the plant...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you so much. You are so right; the freshness is amazing, and the grew-it-yourself-ness makes it taste even better.

    ReplyDelete